Staffing GuidelinesMarch 20, 2013
0.00 Contact hour in the category of Other
$25.00 member / $25.00 nonmember
Appropriate emergency department nurse staffing directly influences staff satisfaction, staff retention, and patient outcomes. Using the Nurse Staffing Guidelines, emergency department managers and administrators can use their departmental data to identify and support an appropriate number of patient care full-time equivalents (FTEs) for the emergency department. This module will include the context and development of the Nurse Staffing Guidelines tool as well as the calculation tool itself.
Upon completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of adequate nurse staffing for staff satisfaction, staff retention, and patient outcomes.
2. Identify key variables for determining direct care staffing needs for an emergency department.
3. Calculate estimated minimum full-time equivalents (FTEs) for adequate nurse staffing.
To access after purchasing:
1. Go to www. ENA.org
2. Go to Courses & Education
3. Select Go to Personal Learning Page
4. Log in
If you need further assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org